BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Genesis chapter 15-18

This morning was a tough read, not that the passages were tough, but that my focus is off this morning. Honestly I don't want to right this morning. I don't know why, I think it may be because I'm tired and didn't sleep well last night. I'm a little saddened because there is a lot of the history and story in these passages. You have the change of Abram's name to Abraham and Sarai to Sarah. You have the covenant of God's chosen people and circumcision. Which actually does have an interesting side not to it. In a class in college, Epistles of Paul, we were talking about good works vs faith to get to heaven. There was strife because of Chapter 17 verse 7. An everlasting covenant for God to be Abraham's descendents God. Then you have Jesus saying it's by faith alone that you get to Heaven. Now this seems a little weird and not right but there is a difference between going to the everlasting peace and God being your God. For God is truly God of everyone on earth, but not all accept Him. Also God's covenant is of land with Abraham and dependents. The land of Canaan was given. Something to think about I guess.

Yeah a short writing today haha. Tomorrow's should be better.

0 comments: