BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Genesis 42-50

Wow I belong on failblog for my epic fail of keeping this up. Looks like I have some catching up to do. No real excuse other than laziness and failure to maintain a good habit.

These chapters bring Genesis to an end but preludes to the Exodus. Isn't it amazing the story of Isaac and his son Joseph. How Joseph's brothers wanted to harm him, for the vision he had from God. Nothing they could do would stop the will of God. They ended up, though wanting to harm, aiding God's plan to bring them deliverance from famine. I have to wonder how many times people have harmed me in the past. I was the kid that the bullies picked on in elementary. I do believe that made me stronger and made me part of who I am today. My dad and I have had a terrible relationship upon my parents split. He ridiculed me for my faith and deserted my mother. Through that God gave me great understanding and great strength. He allowed me to survive with a few hours sleep a night so that I could work and provide for my mom once my dad left. He taught me peace and hope through the toughest of times. These are the tips of the icebergs but God has delivered me from the hatred and the failures. It would have been so easy to have given up. Just like Joseph, imagine if he had given up through those times. God's nation wouldn't have survived. God directed Joseph and his brothers to bring a great nation forth.

Looking at the story as a whole, why do we worry? Though so much went wrong, ALL of it was for the glory of God and the creation of His will. If we maintain focused on God rather we have family trouble, lost loved ones, divorce, loss of money, loss of stability or whatever else may arrive won't we be able to look back maybe a few months, a couple years, or even 20 years and see how God used those situations to better His kingdom and to better us?

0 comments: